• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i be sued for this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ljsanluis

Hello.

I live in California. A few months ago, a friend of mine loaned me some money due to fininancial trouble. This person loaned me the money voluntarily, using the money that my friend inherited from the mother. No contracts were made as to when the money will be paid because my friend say pay it off as soon as i can do it. Now, that person is asking rfor the money she loaned to me ASAP or otherwise, legal actions will be taken. Now what i want to know is i can be sued or can any legal actions be taken against me? I have every intentions of paying the debt i have but i cannot do it at the time frame i was given....Please help.

BL

You haven't even made an effort to make any payments in these Few months .

The Fact the the money that was lent you came from an inheritance , has absolutely no bearing . It wasn't/isn't YOUR money ..

Pay it back ...... Start making reasonable payments and the Judge may allow to keep making payments instead of awarding the entire Judgment all at once .

If you have a true Friend , you don't use them . I bet this person is no longer your Friend ..

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">