• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking garage accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

buyright

What is the name of your state?
Florida

My daugther pulled into a parking garage and relized that she did not have her wallet on her. The parking attentant told my daugther that she had to back out of the garage. doing so she hit the front fender on the guide post and dented her fender, which now has to be replaced and painted. Does the parking garage have any responiblity to repair the fender? We feel that she have been able to turn around inside the gargage to be able to exit safely.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Nope. If your daughter can't reliably back up her car, perhaps she shouldn't be behind the wheel.

nicholasf

stealth2 said:
Nope. If your daughter can't reliably back up her car, perhaps she shouldn't be behind the wheel.

I just love how people are such d-ck heads on this site.

I was talking to a CHP, {I know not the right state but this might help/pertain to your state}.. The discussion was about traffic laws and liability in parking lots. He told me that there are a different set of rules for parking structures. Standard right of way laws and liability is not the same as if you were driving on the street. My guess is that somewhere in that parking structure you will find something saying the parking structure is not responsible for any damage inflected to your auto. That by entering the parking facility you assume the inherent risks.

The only way to know for sure is by contacting who ever owns the parking structure and seeing if there insurance will cover it. My guess is they wont. I don’t see how refusing someone onto privet property warrants them labial for damages. It would be like if I pulled into your driveway and you told me to leave, I back up and hit your mail box damaging my car. Are you at fault.. most likely not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">