• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do not know if I messed up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

phil518

I do not know if I messed up, On Nov, 06, 1991 I thought of an idea that I thought could make alot of money. I wrote the idea down, made a blueprint of the idea and how to use. I tried to get a patent on idea and couldnt afford it so I sent the idea and prints mailed it to myself and left unopened in a box. I sent my idea to area companys that I thought would be interested in the idea, seeing that I couldnt afford the patent. Nine years later they took out a patent on the product including the diagram of which I drew of how to use and is now on the market being sold for 16.00 each... Do I have any rights with the unopened plans I sent to myself of nine years ago. The company is making millions on what I created nine years back. Also in my unopened envelope is the names of the companies I sent my ideas to will this help or did I mess up. The area of were i live is New York and with me being disabled and I cannt afford an atterney do I have a chance to win or lose my right

HomeGuru

That method does not work that good but may help if there i litigation. You should have just filed for a patent by hirng a contingency patent attorney. Try talking to some patent attorneys to see if anyone is interested in taking your case on a contingency fee basis.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">