• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrecked neighbor's motorcycle, am I covered under my insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kjd1976

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I test drove my neighbor's motorcycle and had an accident with no other vehicles involved. He only has liability insurance. Will my automobile liability insurance cover the damage?

JETX

kjd1976 said:
I test drove my neighbor's motorcycle and had an accident with no other vehicles involved. He only has liability insurance. Will my automobile liability insurance cover the damage?
Depends. Glue your policy to your monitor (text side in) and I will read it when I get to it.
Or, you can wait until tomorrow and call your agent.

Cosmot0731

Originally Posted by kjd1976

You'll need to check with your agent about your particular state laws, but in many states, auto insurance follows the vehicle first. So in your case your friend gave you permission to drive so his insurance would cover the accident. Your insurance would be secondary and again, in many states,would extend either liability or collision coverage over to his vehicle just as if it were your vehicle.

I would definately contact your agent as there is a very good likelyhood there is coverage for his vehicle. But do remember that if they pay out and it was a chargable (at fault) accident, then your rates could go up even though you were not driving your own car.

Hope this helps.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kjd1976 said:
What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I test drove my neighbor's motorcycle and had an accident with no other vehicles involved.

My response:

How the hell did you manage that? You got Polio or something?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">