• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

back, R leg, hip injury w/c payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

msfrustrated

What is the name of your state? California

I had a work comp injury on july 1 2004, i fell from a broken chair at a desk completely to the floor, my case was accepted by my work comp carrier for our company, I have been off work since february 1 2005 recieving w/c payments. I have been seeing my doctor since feb 1, 05 who took me off work completely cause I cant sit over an hour without a great deal of pain, I saw company dr aug 8, 2005 who told company I could work with lots of restrictions but did not declare me permanent and staionary yet, but work comp decided to stop my payments and told me I had to go to work even though my dr still has me off until my facet block minor surgery is done. Is this right or legal???? :(

Beth3

It's legal. If the IME (independent medical exam) doctor said you could return to work with restrictions, your employer has work available within those restrictions, and you refuse to return to work, the WC carrier may cut off your indemnity benefits.

msfrustrated

payments

california

Even if my doctor has not released me to go to work, the work comp insurance company can still stop my payments????? even if there doctor has not P & S me?????? and I haven't refused to go to work its just that they gave me a 2 day notice????? HELP???????????

tjr5150

Yes even if your doctor has not released you.. To be honest with you, the only opinion that matters to the insurance company is that of their doctor..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">