• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

asphalt slurry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

workzhardd

What is the name of your state?california
I purchased a asphalt resurfacer and covered a driveway with it.After we were done we cleaned up as per the the instructions on the bucket,it looked like we were clean to the eye so i proceeded on with my day and ate,relaxed at home,fed my pets saw my family....Well later that evening i happened to be useing a blacklight for something when i noticed i was covered in powdery substance only detectible under a blacklight.I showerd again and it wasn't much better,so i decided to check things i came in contact with under the blacklight.To my suprise this substance was all over everything the food i was eating,my furniture,carpet,dog bowls,my family,I now worry if i've injested this and if it may be affecting anyone who is in my house on my furniture etc... it has been 2 days going ong on 3 and even with more cleaning and showers there is still some of this substance on me and another person who helped me.The 5 gallon bucket says wash with soap and water only but this has clearly not worked,i am concerned about several things and feel the company who makes this product should warn the consumer about this.How should i go about pursuing this?I feel this needs to be addressed for my safety and anyone else who uses this product.

dwayne ganier

BelizeBreeze

Pursuing what? Not only have you not asked a relevant legal question, you don't even know if you have any damages or if there is anything at all wrong with you.

dtm1966

Request an MSDS

If you are asking how you can find out the potential issues and how to best clean yourself rather than the legal implications - Look up the material you used (bucket of stuff) for the manufactures phone number. It may be either on the bucket or look the company up over the internet. Ask them to send you the MSDS. Most can fax or e-mail it to you. And before you panic, many things will shine under a black light. Many detergents will fluoresce and they are used to clean us. For you own piece of mind find out on the MSDS the potential issues but it may be nothing to worry about.

HomeGuru

workzhardd said:
What is the name of your state?california
I purchased a asphalt resurfacer and covered a driveway with it.After we were done we cleaned up as per the the instructions on the bucket,it looked like we were clean to the eye so i proceeded on with my day and ate,relaxed at home,fed my pets saw my family....Well later that evening i happened to be useing a blacklight for something when i noticed i was covered in powdery substance only detectible under a blacklight.I showerd again and it wasn't much better,so i decided to check things i came in contact with under the blacklight.To my suprise this substance was all over everything the food i was eating,my furniture,carpet,dog bowls,my family,I now worry if i've injested this and if it may be affecting anyone who is in my house on my furniture etc... it has been 2 days going ong on 3 and even with more cleaning and showers there is still some of this substance on me and another person who helped me.The 5 gallon bucket says wash with soap and water only but this has clearly not worked,i am concerned about several things and feel the company who makes this product should warn the consumer about this.How should i go about pursuing this?I feel this needs to be addressed for my safety and anyone else who uses this product.

dwayne ganier
**A: were you eating beef curry?

Lots of things floress under black light including some soaps and detergents. It may be that you are using a soap that you are seeing under the black light so the showers aren’t helping, and the stuff you see on your clothes may be Tide. How do you know that the fluorescence has anything to do with the resurfacer? Or if it does that it is in any way harmful? Most things that floress are harmless.

You are probably worried about nothing.

zippysgoddess

Yes, there are tons of substances that glow under a black light, anything from cat urine, to carpet refresh powders, to flour, and body talc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">