• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal insurance practices

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coats1974

What is the name of your state? oklahoma
i have auto insurance with farm bureau insurance and my insurance guy added my new wife to my policy without my consent (she works there) is this not illegal??? and she has just left me to live with him?? i am having alot of trouble with my policys etc and i believe the two of them are just trying to make things hard for me// isn't there a law about inter office relationships or sleeping with your clients wife(co worker) they can live happily ever after i just don't want it to keep affecting my insurance. its just unethical but i think it should be illegal that he added someone to my insurance with out my knowledge?? please help :confused:

coats1974 said:
What is the name of your state? oklahoma
i have auto insurance with farm bureau insurance and my insurance guy added my new wife to my policy without my consent (she works there) is this not illegal??? and she has just left me to live with him?? i am having alot of trouble with my policys etc and i believe the two of them are just trying to make things hard for me// isn't there a law about inter office relationships or sleeping with your clients wife(co worker) they can live happily ever after i just don't want it to keep affecting my insurance. its just unethical but i think it should be illegal that he added someone to my insurance with out my knowledge?? please help :confused:
You've asked a myriad of questions, some of them are valid and some are just ridiculous.

There is no law about inter-office relationships. It may be against a company policy, but you can't get arrested for sleeping with a co-worker.

Your insurance agent should not have added your wife without your consent. However, it may be difficult for you to prove that he did that. Most agents, including me, take endorsement (policy change) requests by telephone and there is usually nothing written down to prove someone asked for it or didn't ask for it. Your agent will probably just claim he did as instructed verbally by you. If you wish to have him investigated for it, contact your state insurance commissioner. But, like I said, I doubt anything would come of it. Your other alternative is to contact your insurance carrier directly and advise them of the situation. They will probably side with your agent, however.

As far as can the agent and your wife live happily ever after, I have no idea. I suppose it's possible.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">