• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to collect on a judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nafira

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state? CA

I have won a judgement against her. The problem is to collect.
I have ordered a bank levy on her/business bank account which I think has no money.
I can't find any real property she owns on record.
She owns a business (The abstract of judgement is only with her name). Can I put a lien on her business and how?
I want to get a Writ of Execution and have the sheriff collect the money for me. But it costs so much to hire the sheriff and at the end of the day, I don't know how much can be collected. What are my options? Would Writ of Sale a good route and how? Thank you.

JETX

nafira said:
She owns a business (The abstract of judgement is only with her name). Can I put a lien on her business and how?
Is the 'business' a corporation?? If so, you can't touch it. However, if it is a proprietorship, you can.

I want to get a Writ of Execution and have the sheriff collect the money for me. But it costs so much to hire the sheriff and at the end of the day, I don't know how much can be collected. What are my options?
Pretty simple. Pay for the 'normal' process of enforcing a judgment (sheriff, court fees, etc.) or sell your judgment to someone else.
http://www.enforcemyjudgment.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?action=search&infield=your_state&words=California&search=Search

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">