• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Claims question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

devp68

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?New Jersey

I was car jacked with gun point. They hit my car in the back in broad day light, I went to assess the damage when they showed me a gun pointing at me. Drove away with my car.

Found my car with damaged front rims, windshield, missing ashtray in front. In the trunk a GPS device is missing and ALL the wires are chopped off, basically disconnecting my back part of the car electronically.

The claims inspector inspected the car, but wasn't too sure about the GPS system and/or premium audio replacement details, so will be getting back to my body shop guy.

My question: I had FULL insurance for the value of my car under HighPoint, so having said that: the insurance company has to be aware of costs of the stock equipment and value of the same.

Hence, when the equipment is stolen or damaged they can't really say, well we only pay $1000 dollars for stereo, although we know that your stereo costs $1800 (this is just an hypthetical scenario). But can they do this?
Because they never gave me a break down on what part within my car are covered (fully) and not? This is a big fraud if it was too happen?
I'd like to know any laws and government agencies where I could get help in this?
Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">