• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Totalled in Parking Lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vision_2002

What is the name of your state? California undefined
My car was hit while parked in my parking space at my apartments. The driver did not have a license , but was driving her fathers car. My car was propelled into the wall 30 feet behind my parked car leaving a huge hole in the wall. My car is obvisiously totalled. My questions are am I liable for the damage to my apartment wall, and what do my rights intitle me to recieve from her fathers insurance, which is full coverage? Such as am I intitled to a rent a car, should I ask for compensation for time without my car, and should I ask for emotional stress compensation?

vision_2002 said:
What is the name of your state? California undefined
My car was hit while parked in my parking space at my apartments. The driver did not have a license , but was driving her fathers car. My car was propelled into the wall 30 feet behind my parked car leaving a huge hole in the wall. My car is obvisiously totalled. My questions are am I liable for the damage to my apartment wall, and what do my rights intitle me to recieve from her fathers insurance, which is full coverage? Such as am I intitled to a rent a car, should I ask for compensation for time without my car, and should I ask for emotional stress compensation?
The fact that her father has full coverage means nothing since they're not going to pay this claim anyway. The driver wasn't licensed, so the insurer is not going to respond. Your claim will have to be against the father or the daughter (not sure which one it will be as I don't have enough info from your post - how old was the girl?). You are not liable for the damage to the wall, they are. You can sue for rental reimbursement but, again, his insurance is not going to pay this claim.

I don't know what you mean by compensation for time without your car (???) I also don't know what emotional stress you're referring to but this isn't a case where you're going to get that anyway. Your car was hit when you weren't in it. That's not emotional distress, it's an inconvenience at best.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">