• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lemon Law MN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shakeeta

What is the name of your state? Minnesotaundefined
I purchased a car about four months ago and i am paying three times what it is worth. I have a summarry of MN lemon Law and it only covers Manufacturers warranty. i looked on another website and there is a lemon law for used cas but i can't find one specifically for my state. Can anyone lead me to the right direction i'm thinking about taking the dealership to small claims court. :confused:

Lemon Lawyer

MN: Sometimes You Don't Need a Lemon Law

If your problem is with the car dealer or you bought a used car not covered by your state's Lemon Law, then try a different law. Every state has a consumer protection law modeled after the Uniform Consumer Sales Practices Act. These laws are sometimes called "Udap" or "Little FTC" laws. They make it illegal for practically any merchant to do ANYTHING that is unfair or deceptive to a consumer. What is unfair or deceptive can be almost anything but each law can be a little different so you need to talk to an attorney who handles cases specifically under this law. Not many attorneys know about these laws. You need to find one who handles "autofraud" or Lemon Law cases (usually an attorney who handles the one type often handles the other type too). Your local bar association may be able to refer you to a local attorney of that kind. If not, you can check our national listing and perhaps find one near you. For the list, click here.Locate a Local Autofraud - Lemon Lawyer

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">