• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online Betting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jujenkai

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania.

I am interested in starting an online-only business. As to the type of business (Please read fully before scoffing!) I am interested in opening a Metaphysical betting shop online. I define a Metaphysical betting shop as a place where a person could place a bet on a Metaphysical issue of their choice; for instance, they could bet that God is good, or that the world will end in this way or that way.

Because the issues MUST be metaphysical, and therefore beyond the proof of science, I would consider this as an entertainment business. Therefore, I would ask the following:

(1) Is it legal for me to open such a 'betting shop' online?
(2) Assuming each issue was checked for being truly Metaphysical before being processed, and thus inherently unanswerable, is there any way for me to be held liable for the consequences of people who are essentially crazy donating their money to me?
(3) Assuming the answer to number 1 is yes, what approvals would I require from any government body to do this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">