• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Front car in four car accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aikon012

What is the name of your state? CA

I was recently in a four car accident at a red light. I was stopped and a car hit another one that hit another one that hit mine. Four cars were involved in all. The driver of the car car that caused the initial impact admitted fault at the scene. I reported the claim to my insurance company but the amount is just under my deductable. The other party's insurance company is non responsive to my calls and the agent is never in his office. The loss occured on 8/20/05 and I still have yet to get any word on whether or not my claim is being processed or whatnot. I am contemplating taking the driver to small claims court in order to get compensation. What I am wondering is whether or not my claim will be addressed, how I can speed up that process, and if it will not be adressed what measures can I take to get compensation. thank you

teflon_jones

You can send them a registered, return receipt letter asking for the status of your claim. CC the state insurance board and BBB on the letter. Phone calls won't get you anywhere (as you've already found out). Always do everything in writing.

You can also take the other driver to small claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">