• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Settlement issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lthull

Reside in CA - If you were injured in a car accident and placed on state disability, could you still ask for wages lost in your settlement?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lthull said:
Reside in CA - If you were injured in a car accident and placed on state disability, could you still ask for wages lost in your settlement?
My response:

Yes, but the money you receive from your settlement or judgment goes back to the State.

IAAL

lthull

So...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Yes, but the money you receive from your settlement or judgment goes back to the State.

IAAL
Will it be takin out of my settlement? Why would my attorney ask me for all the diasability papers my doctors signed to continue my disability insurance?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lthull said:
Will it be takin out of my settlement? Why would my attorney ask me for all the diasability papers my doctors signed to continue my disability insurance?

My response:

So that he has proof of your disability signed by a doctor. Also, it's more ammunition for him to demonstrate the seriousness of your accident when it comes time to write a Settlement Demand Letter. And, you also signed a Lien with the State in order to receive your disability payments. So, yes, your attorney will be taking the States' money out of your settlement and reimbursing the State.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">