• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Man Took my money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Quanda2062001

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
I purchased an insurance policy with a local agent. Received letter that my policy was canceled due to non payment. researched and realized that the agent had taken the money contacted the Insurance commisioner and the insurance company that the policy was written with. The end result of that was the insurance company sent me a policy to cover the dates from the time it SHOULD HAVE BEEN covered and that was it the commisioner said that the case was pretty much resolved. Is that really it! I want the man that took my money to give it back! What can I do?

Quanda2062001 said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina
I purchased an insurance policy with a local agent. Received letter that my policy was canceled due to non payment. researched and realized that the agent had taken the money contacted the Insurance commisioner and the insurance company that the policy was written with. The end result of that was the insurance company sent me a policy to cover the dates from the time it SHOULD HAVE BEEN covered and that was it the commisioner said that the case was pretty much resolved. Is that really it! I want the man that took my money to give it back! What can I do?
So you want to be covered for the time frame under which you would have had a policy for free? I don't understand what more you expect of them to do. A problem arose, and it was resolved.

By the way, next time instead of an Insurance Man, get an Insurance Lady :D

tammy8

InsuranceLadyAZ said:
So you want to be covered for the time frame under which you would have had a policy for free? I don't understand what more you expect of them to do. A problem arose, and it was resolved.

By the way, next time instead of an Insurance Man, get an Insurance Lady :D

yeah like ME!!!! :p

This post really makes no sense since he "says" insurance man took his money. For what time period was this money taken and what kind of paperwork does the OP have to say that he was not covered at any point????

tammy8 said:
yeah like ME!!!! :p

This post really makes no sense since he "says" insurance man took his money. For what time period was this money taken and what kind of paperwork does the OP have to say that he was not covered at any point????
I think he wants a refund of the policy, even though one was already issued to cover the term of it. But it's not really clear, so I could be misunderstanding.

Quanda2062001

Insurance man took my money

I have all the necessary paperwork to show that the money was paid to the insurance man, I just do not want someone else to fall victim to the same situation because unlike myself they may not be able to bounce back! It is wrong for anyone to take money for services that they knowingly are not going to supply!
P.S. I am a woman and I did find a reputable insurance lady!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">