• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questionable fault ? But should I pay more the Blue Book Value?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kowens

What is the name of your state? Nevada

My husband was involved in an accident, while driving a friend's car. We are currently underinsured and can not depend upon insurance to pay. Fault is questionable to me, as the other driver was driving down a turning land in order to avoide waiting traffic. My husband was pulling out of a parking lot and failed to yield. My husband was cited at the scene of the accident for failure to yield.

The other driver was driving a car, that is worth no more than $750.00 (blue book value, and that's being generous..(perfect condition). The other driver got a quote from his mechanic of $2400.00 !! to repair damages. Now if my insurance were paying they would total this car out and pay what the value of the car is...

What are our options ??

We did, by the way, insist on a second quote from our mechanic, and the damage was assessed at $1600.00....

Are we forced to pay the $1600.00, because the other driver refuses to accept our offer of $800.00 ??

teflon_jones

You only need to pay the book value for the car. You also should not be using the Blue Book. The auto industry uses the NADA guide www.nada.com. Price it out there and pay the person the average retail value of the car to settle this, and make sure to get a signed settlement letter stating that this settles all personal and property damage claims.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">