• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business banking without using a traditional bank.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

badhoha

What is the name of your state? CA

Hello.

Is there a way that I can establish some kind of business bank account for legal separation between personal/business, and to send/receive money without using a traditional commercial bank?

Thanks

Veronica1228

badhoha said:
What is the name of your state? CA

Hello.

Is there a way that I can establish some kind of business bank account for legal separation between personal/business, and to send/receive money without using a traditional commercial bank?

Thanks
Why? Do you need to launder money?

badhoha

Not at all. Just wanted to know if that was the only way.
Is a traditional bank the only way to do business legally?

Veronica1228

badhoha said:
Not at all. Just wanted to know if that was the only way.
Is a traditional bank the only way to do business legally?
What other option is there? I don't know what you are looking for.

badhoha

Well, if you remember (maybe you don't), I've been screwed by this ChexSystems thing which prevents me from getting a regular account. I was assuming that would also keep me from getting a business account, which is why I asked if there was a LEGAL alternative.

Veronica1228

badhoha said:
Well, if you remember (maybe you don't), I've been screwed by this ChexSystems thing which prevents me from getting a regular account. I was assuming that would also keep me from getting a business account, which is why I asked if there was a LEGAL alternative.
Yes, in most cases being on Chex will prevent you from opening any type of account including a business account since many banks use Chex when verifying signers on business accounts.

At this point you are pretty much SOL unless you get your name removed from Chex or find an FI that doesn't use it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">