• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business man not paying

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

capy

What is the name of your state? Oakland Ca
Two weeks ago my wife was driving down the street when a guy park oppened his door with out looking she was passing by, he hit the passenger door braking the handle and bending the door.
My wife calls me at work and toll me what happened, but she said the guy was going to pay for it.
I spoke to guy over the phone telling me he was a business man and there was going to be no problem that he was going to pay cash.
I got his information. I took the car to an estimate and even the guy show up to talk to the auto repair men telling him he was going to give an advance payment the next day.
When I show up to drop the car he hadn’t made any deposit, so I call him but no answer, just the voice mail. Since then he does not answer the phone. I stop calling him
My problem is that my wife was not in my AAA insurance because she’s got a Washington state driver license.
Can I still take this guy to court to make him pay for the damage?
He hit my car with his company truck
undefined

seniorjudge

capy said:
What is the name of your state? Oakland Ca
Two weeks ago my wife was driving down the street when a guy park oppened his door with out looking she was passing by, he hit the passenger door braking the handle and bending the door.
My wife calls me at work and toll me what happened, but she said the guy was going to pay for it.
I spoke to guy over the phone telling me he was a business man and there was going to be no problem that he was going to pay cash.
I got his information. I took the car to an estimate and even the guy show up to talk to the auto repair men telling him he was going to give an advance payment the next day.
When I show up to drop the car he hadn’t made any deposit, so I call him but no answer, just the voice mail. Since then he does not answer the phone. I stop calling him
My problem is that my wife was not in my AAA insurance because she’s got a Washington state driver license.
Can I still take this guy to court to make him pay for the damage?
He hit my car with his company truck
undefined

Clear something up for me:

Why is this guy going to pay for your wife hitting his car?

capy

business man not paying

Hello, he was the one who hit my wife's car door while she was driving.
my wife didn't hit him.
there were three lines and my wife was on the right line to turn and right before she turn there was this truck parked on his right side while she was driving by his truck, he was inside the truck, and opened the door hitting the passenger door,braking the handle and bending the door.
is it his fault?

seniorjudge

capy said:
Hello, he was the one who hit my wife's car door while she was driving.
my wife didn't hit him.
there were three lines and my wife was on the right line to turn and right before she turn there was this truck parked on his right side while she was driving by his truck, he was inside the truck, and opened the door hitting the passenger door,braking the handle and bending the door.
is it his fault?
Sue the guy in small claims court for the dollar amount of the damages y'all have suffered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">