• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private party seller

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S1981

What is the name of your state? Minnesota
I sold my 1994 Nissan Sentra car, with 148000 miles a month back for 1200 dollars. After an month the buyer is saying me that he have some problem with heater. I didn't had any problems with heating when i had my car, if i had one i would have told him. Do I have any obligation to him. It is a private party sale. I didn't gave any written warranty or anything.

seniorjudge

S1981 said:
What is the name of your state? Minnesota
I sold my 1994 Nissan Sentra car, with 148000 miles a month back for 1200 dollars. After an month the buyer is saying me that he have some problem with heater. I didn't had any problems with heating when i had my car, if i had one i would have told him. Do I have any obligation to him. It is a private party sale. I didn't gave any written warranty or anything.
Did you give the buyer any kind of warranty?

If not, tell the buyer to bite lemons.

And, after he is through puckering, tell him to search caveat emptor on Google.

S1981

No, I didn't gave any warranty to the buyer. Buyer also had a mechanic checked the car before he bought the car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">