• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help me with this!?!?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

soulfirex

What is the name of your state? Hawaii

I work at a local car dealership, and one of my responsibilities is to handle the cash register in the parts department. Before taking this position they have made me sign some type of form stating that I am solely responsible for this cash register. This is a poorly managed dealership in which the service manager and another employee have been touching the register also! So now there is a descrepancy with the register and money is short, can I be the only one to be reprimanded?

I have not taken anything from this register, I have shared this register with another employee as well as working it myself previously, with no type of shortages whatsoever. Only when I have started sharing with these other two people I have had this problem. I am not blaming any of them since I have no proof, but it is odd that it should start then. I would not have to worry about any type of surveillance tape or anything since I did not do anything wrong.

Now that there is money short in the drawer, it seems like I am being singled out, I am guessing because of the form I signed. Would there be any way to fight this? Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">