• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

plainangry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angrydiana

What is the name of your state?California
I don't even know where to start. November 2000, my husband was struck by a hit and run driver while performing his duties as a tow truck driver. He sustained a broken Pelvis, and broke his back in 3 seperate places. He started recieving WC payments and seeing all his doctors and WC doctors, and everything seem to be going the way it should. Then we found out the WC company that had him covered was no longer in business and the State of California Garateen office took over. Since that day not only had my husbands payments stopped, per the office they feel he has been paid what he is worth. They have not denied physical therapy which his doctor has ordered. They have him at permanent and stationary, and he is collecting SSI, which have him rated at 100% disabled and un-employable. We hired a WC attorney and thought he would help us through this but it feels like since this case has gone on for 5 years this November 2nd, he isnt trying as hard. All I want to know really is what is legal for them to do and what isn't. I have read up on it and seems to me that until there has been a settlement or my husband is gainfully employed, they should not have stopped his payments nor should they deny any medical attention he may need. Please advise me as who or what I can do. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">