• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hurt on the job in NY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jazmns

New York
My 65 year old mother got hurt on the job in July. The floor at work had A crack in it and she was pushing A large dolly, it toppled over on her knocked her down and she fractured 2 bones in her shoulder. She has been on workers comp since mid July. I am afraid she will never be able to do the work that she has to do in this dept (meat). This is A woman who never has missed work before this has happened. She was hoping before this happened, to start working part time in January, this is when she would be eligable for the most S.S benefits. If she can never do the job in this store because of her injury, will she be eligable for any further compensation? I have been trying to get her to see A lawyer but she is to nervous I think. Like I said to her they dont care about you at all and it was negligence on their part and they dont care that she may never be the same again

zippysgoddess

I have no idea as to the answer to your question, but I find that I have to ask, why is that whenever you type the letter A, by itself, as in a sentence like: I have a dog; you capilitalize it?

It is an interesting habit, and I am curious as to your reasons for it.

J

jazmns

I'm not sure about the "A" thing

But maybe you should get "A" life!

zippysgoddess

I am legitimately curious about people, their habits, and lifestyles, and why they do certain things, however, you have to be rude. The way it was typed, it just seemed to be a habit you had developed somewhere along the way for some reason, so I asked. No cause to be rude, it won't get you anywhere in life!

J

jazmns

I am in this forum for legal advice

I don't care to figure out why I do things certain ways. Maybe you should be at some pet website or take A course on something to get your mind on yourself so you can figure out why you are so bored as to bother me with this question. Is this the right forum for your interests?
I find you rude to ask me anything that has nothing to do with my post.

I'm not a lawyer

and find your problem interesting, but....I find you using the capital "A" thing more interesting.

Maybe if you knew why you do this you would be able to answer your own questions.

But, like I said, I'm not a lawyer.

zippysgoddess

And I find the rudeness even more fascinating, I would say, it denotes an obvious insecurity problem.

So which do you think is more fascinating Sparks? His capitalization of the letter A needlessly, or his insecure rudeness?

J

jazmns

Isn't this "A" legal question forum?

I find it fascinating That there is so many bored, rude people out in cyber space. This is the first time that I have posted "A" question on any forum. I guess that what I have heard is true. (Be careful of the strange people out there.)
You two people must be very insecure to be on "A" legal forum just waiting to grade and judge someone's post. I'm sure you 2 could find "A" forum for your obvious interest.
You can't interact with humans face to face. I really feel sorry for you. There is more to life than this. You must try getting out once in "A" while. It is not to late for you!
Maybe this is why you are having such trouble in your personal life.
You still have time to make "A" difference, get out there and take some courses, maybe become "A" literacy volunteer or maybe volunteer to walk some cats at your local animal shelter. You seem to really care about people so perhaps you could council victims of "Katrina". I'm sure someone somewhere needs you, I don't.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">