• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for insubordiation and inappropriate conduct?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rebeldawgz

What is the name of your state? Louisiana
I was a closing manager at Benny's Car Wash in Baton Rouge, LA....
I was at work pressure washing the carwash tunnel like I am required to do every night. I was trained to blow all of the leaves out of the tunnel using the pressure washer. I was conducting my work as usual and my boss, the GM was there supervising the cleaning of the carwash pit with 5 other employees from another location. He told me to sweep up all the leaves out of the carwash tunnel, which is not how I was trained nor accustomed to, instead of blowing them out of the tunnel with the pressure washer. I asked him if one of the other employees could do it because I was busy pressure washing and only two employees are needed to clean the carwash pit (also the fact that I am a manager and they are employees he shouldve had one of them do it). He said No, I'm telling YOU to do it in a very rude, and degrading tone. Being as I am a manager, I feel it made me look bad in front of these other employees so I told him (f word here) "**** you" The other 5 employees were there, but with the noise of the pressure washer and the pit cleaning machine, combined with the reflection of sound from inside the tunnel would make it difficult to hear what i said (if you know what im getting at). [Also he had previously been rude to my girlfriend (about 45 minutes before this), who was a paying customer, and made me look bad in front of her (dont know if this matters or not).] At this point he told me I was fired. He gave me no verbal warnings and I have recieved no written or verbal warnings for "insubordination or inappropriate conduct" previous to that incident in my entire working time at Benny's. I have only recieved one written warning and that was for being late. What do you think I should tell the unemployment office? Should I tell them that I said (f word here)"**** you?", or should I not? I know there were 5 witnesses there, but they were foriegeners that knew little English....Plus with the sound of everything being so loud I could deny that I said that if he uses them as witnesses to what I said. Also, if this makes any difference, I know multiple managers/employees who have cussed him out worse than that, thrown stuff, and not gotten fired. Should I present that also? If I do tell them I told him (f word here) "**** you" will that automatically disqualify me? Thanks for any advice - Johnny

BelizeBreeze

I would have fired your butt too.

You have no case except to look for a job where the boss let's you backtalk and do as you please.

BelizeBreeze

Beth3 said:
You're asking for advice on whether you should lie to the unemployment office.

No comment.
Oh come on...I know you want to...I can feel it boiling inside of that perky bun of yours :D:D:D

Rebeldawgz

First of all, you don't know this guy. He is the most lieing two-faced guy you'll ever meet, many employees/managers have punched him, thrown him, etc. I'm asking for advice regarding anything your willing to give me advice on, if you don't want to give me adivce on that part then don't. Basically I want to know is can saying f-you justify grounds for not recieving unemployment even though it happens all the time there and people don't get fired for it? Actually I would like to know this: If you were my attorney and your goal was for me to get unemployment, how would you go about making sure I get it? I'm not here looking for criticism, I'm here looking for advice, isn't that whats the forum supposed to be about?

BelizeBreeze

Rebeldawgz said:
First of all, you don't know this guy.
First of all, we don't HAVE to know this guy. The fact that he was your boss and told you to do something is enough.
He is the most lieing two-faced guy you'll ever meet, many employees/managers have punched him, thrown him, etc.
and they should be in jail.
I'm asking for advice regarding anything your willing to give me advice on, if you don't want to give me adivce on that part then don't.
O.K. then here is your advice. Find a job where you won't get fired for refusing to do a job asked of you.
Basically I want to know is can saying f-you justify grounds for not recieving unemployment even though it happens all the time there and people don't get fired for it? I'm not here looking for criticism, I'm here looking for advice, isn't that whats the forum supposed to be about?
You can be fired for saying F*** You, F*** Ewe or even F*** U and if you worked for me you'd be saying it from your back.

Now, what was your NEXT question?

Beth3

Your boss may well be the spawn of the devil but that does not constitute "good cause" in UC reg's to be insubordinate. Refusing to follow his orders and telling him to f-off will indeed result in your being ineligible for benefits should your employer decide to contest your claim.

Rebeldawgz

Beth: Even if I was given no warnings prior to this for insubordination or misconduct? Also, he always told us to write individuals up if they do something wrong so they have a paper trail in case the person tries to fight it. I think there was something about needing three writeups to be dismissed, not sure...?

Oh and no, I wouldn't be doing it from my back.

BelizeBreeze

Rebeldawgz said:
Beth: Even if I was given no warnings prior to this for insubordination or misconduct? Also, he always told us to write individuals up if they do something wrong so they have a paper trail in case the person tries to fight it. I think there was something about needing three writeups to be dismissed, not sure...?

Look up "At-Will" employment.

Your JOB was to do as you were told. and no, they do NOT have to warn you, give you a 'write-up' place a wreath next to your locker or even pat you on the back for a good job.

All they have to do is tell you "You're Fired" {donald has left the building}

HomeGuru

Rebeldawgz said:

**A: give it up already. You're not sure of anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">