• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Let's Face it!!! At Will Employment Sucks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

katrinagardener

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I will never work for an at will employer again! Union is the only way to go to protect yourself from incompetent bosses, who can verbally abuse you, threaten you, and then terminate you for no reason at all. These incompetent management people can put out an employee handbook that you are to follow, but when it gets right down to it, they don't even have to follow it! They can do whateverthe hell it is they want, as long as it does not involve discrimination against sex, religion, age, and whatever the hell the rest of all that bull is. Then Society gets their panties in a big ole uproar when some p.o.'d employee goes into the workplace and starts shooting the place up! I am not in anyway suggesting that I would do that, but you get the p.o.'d person who is the right frame of mind and that is what happens. After recently being terminated from my job, and I was a good worker(have letters from the Superior Beings) they decide to terminate because I was two hours short on my PTO timefor being sick!!!!! Of course I believe there is more to it than that, but trying to prove it is another story. I had just got a raise! I think my problem is that they refused to give me my vacation, unless I could find someone to cover me while on my vacation. I did try to find someone to cover my vacation, but had no luck, so I basically told them I was taking my entitled vacation whether they like it or not. My employer like "Yes" people, and I was not a "Yes" person when it came to the very few rights that I had while working for this employer!

What about employee rights? How come no laws for employee's that work their behinds off at their jobs, and the employer has the right to fire people willy nilly. This is not fair at all! All in the name of "At will employment"

Actually, they did me a favor, by terminating me. I can now collect un-employment while looking for a job that is much better than that place! And because of the working conditions I don't have to worry about losing my Nursing License!

K

katrinagardener

that maybe true! but it's for the rest of the new people

Thank-you so much for your response. My post is to help people like myself did not understand that "At Will Employees" have no recourse!

So what are your thoughts on "At will Employment?" Who gets the better deal? The employee? Or the employer?

Thanks!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I've already answered that. It depends on the overall job market at the time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">