• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Screwed over by hubbys family!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mscountrymusic

What is the name of your state?Penna. When my husbands father had to take early retirement the kids all got together and decided to buy a local convience store to give my father in law and the youngest brother who still lives at home when he's pushing 30 a regular income to survive. We already owned two rental properties that the family shared ownership in. We sold one when we purchased the store and everyone invested their share of the rental property into the new store. We used the second rental and our own personal home to back the business. It was agreeded that I would quit my two jobs to run the family business because no one else wanted to give up their good paying jobs and security. The wage I was to receive weekly was agreeded upon before I quit my other two jobs. We have two children so I needed an income also! Everyone agreeded to what hours they would work for the first year or two until we felt the store was up and running stable. After the first few weeks, my inlaws started to hire other people so they didn't have to work very much, but still collected the same amount of a pay check as if hey had worked many hours. When I protested, I was told not to worry about it. When I seen the check book and the amount of checks that were wrote out to themselves for large amounts I told my husband and when he ask his sister to see the checkbook and the receipts he was told no! When the bills were not getting paid and we asked questions again we were told they were paid when we knew they were not. We were still refused to be allowed to see the books. We could lose our home if this store goes sour! I left the store when the stress got to be more than I could take. Now I would like to get our home free of the store and for my husbands family to buy us out. My husband is a mental mess over the fact that his family would do this to us. It has put great stress on our marriage. What can I do to protect our interest before we end up with nothing?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">