• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will Aetna cancel my long term disability insurance if I go back to college?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lowneym

I am currently getting long term disability from Aetna for being diagnosed with cancer. I underwent a bone marrow transplant and am currently recovering. I am thinking about going back to college to get another degree and was wondering when/if they would cancel my long term disability? I know there is a 9 month trial period if you go back to work, but i haven't found anything about going back to school. i would appreciate any help in this matter.

seniorjudge

lowneym said:
I am currently getting long term disability from Aetna for being diagnosed with cancer. I underwent a bone marrow transplant and am currently recovering. I am thinking about going back to college to get another degree and was wondering when/if they would cancel my long term disability? I know there is a 9 month trial period if you go back to work, but i haven't found anything about going back to school. i would appreciate any help in this matter.
Do you know what your policy says?

Have you talked to your agent?

lowneym

I haven't yet, i was just querying to see if someone had any experience or knowledge of the top of their head. i will contact them and look further into it if no one has any info. Thanks.

seniorjudge

lowneym said:
I haven't yet, i was just querying to see if someone had any experience or knowledge of the top of their head. i will contact them and look further into it if no one has any info. Thanks.
I did give you my experience and knowledge off the top of my head.

Those are the two places you need to start.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This is not a legal question; it's a contractual question.

No one can answer it who has not read your policy. The law does not dictate that they either do or don't cancel your benefits in the circumstances you describe; it depends entirely on what your policy says. Unless they have the exact same policy you do, someone else's experience would be meainingless.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">