• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI, No Insurance, Exp Tags, Crashed into telephone pole

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Plat

Florida

Charges basically are:

DUI
Careless Driving
Notice Change of Address
Exp Tag (more than 6 months) 10/2003
No Proof of Insurance
Open Container Alcohol
Non Resident Exemption Tag (2yrs)
Refusal to take breath test

Property damage: $5000 (telephone pole which is still standing straight up with zero damage i took pictures holding a current newspaper in front of the photos to show proof of date)

Police drove me to hospital after they attempted me to 'walk the line' and i fell on my right foot when they realized my foot was swollen. Ended up being a broken ankle at the hospital and drew my blood there for a BAC. After that they took me to jail and I bonded out 24hrs later @ $500

I'm a first time offender. All these charges are mistermeanors.

Any advice is much appreciated!
Yes im an idiot.

Plat

stephenk said:
advice to do what?
Well basically what the outcome of my trial might be?
I'm gonna go see a lawyer on monday.
But I really dont know much about the law and if im picking the right lawyer for the task at hand.

Outcome........

Naturally, no one can tell you what the outcome of your trial might be. That

would be impossible.However,I can say with great certainty that you are very

very fortunate that you ONLY injured a telephone pole...and your own foot!

Had you injured or killed another person,you'd be looking @ long hard time in

the slam! There are plenty of DUI ,DWI lawyers that you can consult in your

area. And 12 step programs. That would be a good idea...get involved with

one of those b4 your court date...so you can tell the judge you know you

WERE an idiot,but you are trying to change that. All the other stuff listed is

a good example of not knowing how to follow rules,or perhaps thinking they

apply only to others.

THis will probably end up being a very expensive lesson for you to

learn....hopefully you will get some probation and treatment .......Oh,and

about the newspaper thing......I think that is reserved for kidnapping and

hostage crimes,not merely f*cking up innocent telephone poles ;)

nicholasf

Wow, I would say try to plead down to a wet reckless. A buddy of mine it the center divider on a freeway. Lucky for him the only thing that happened was some scratched rims. He pulled over on the side of the freeway to check the damage and an off duty police officer stopped with him. When the cop noticed my buddy was drunk he called the police and my buddy spent the night in jail. I think he blew a .09 or.10. Another friend of mine was pulled over a few weeks before that, he didn’t hit anything but he blew a .09 and spent the night in jail.

Both of my friends got off very lucky. The got a lawyer and there lawyers were able to get a wet reckless instead of a DUI. They had to pay something like $1,500 for the lawyer and a few fines, they were able to keep there driver license.

I don’t think your going to be as lucky.

DUI
Careless Driving
Notice Change of Address
Exp Tag (more than 6 months) 10/2003
No Proof of Insurance
Open Container Alcohol
Non Resident Exemption Tag (2yrs)
Refusal to take breath test

The change of address is bull**** but exp tag’s no insurance, open container.. that’s very bad.

What is the “Non Resident Exemption Tag”.

It is not agents the law to refuse a breath test, at least in California.

Public works are the people you will have to speak with regarding the pole. Have they given you the bill or are you just basing the $5k on here say?

…. You need a lot of money and a good lawyer. I am guessing you don’t have much money otherwise you would have tags.

I know you already said it, that you’re an idiot. I have to ask why would you be driving drunk with no tags.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">