• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car was towed in violation of vehicle code 22953

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lenstef1

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state? California

I need help. I don't know who to call or contact.

I took a break from work drove 2 or 3 blocks to a restaurant. It was located in a mini shopping mall type of place. I parked my car on their lot. I went in and bought my food. Took my food to my car then walked 3 blocks to pick up my paycheck. (Work for an agency not the place I left to take my break) When I returned my car was gone. I saw it attached to a tow truck across the street. Walked over there.... The driver was paying for gas inside. He came out, I explained what happened. He seemed sincere but stated he already called it in to his boss so I would have to pay. I get to the office pay and i get my car. It cost me $218.00.

I drove back to work. Walked back to the mini shopping center. I questioned the restaurant asking for the owner or property management company's name. They said they didn't know. They didn't know who they pay for their lease. ( I was pissed) I went to 2 other shops there. Received the same response. Managers, employees don't know who owns the building. No name or phone number. (Bunch of BULL!)

A patron of the restaurant who was a regular told me who the attendant was, pointed him out, and told me his name. I talked to the, so called attendant. Who had no uniform on only street clothing. Could hardly speak english. He said he saw me get my food put it in my car then walk down the block. As soon as I left he called the tow truck.

I asked him who the owner was he said he didn't know either. I asked "well.....someone signs your checks what is his name." And he admitted that he gets no checks and is paid by cash under the table. (which is illegal)

Needless to say. I was and am still pissed off at everyones attitude there.

I looked up vehicle code 22953. And they cannot tow me unless an hour has passed.

I wonder if the attendant and the tow company due this often.

I am stuck with no name of owner. I know the address of the place and the first name of the attendant.

I need to know who I can contact or call to at least make a complaint or try to get my money back.

I would appreciate anyones help. Thank you in advance.

Stephani :)

racer72

I would bet the "parking attendant" is paid by the towing company, not the property owner. Proving it will be the problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">