• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Magnetic signs in NY...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Asone

What is the name of your state? New York

Hi

My name is Michelle I live in NYS on Long Island. I am trying to find out the laws having to do with advertising a home based business. What are the laws for using magnetic signs can this be done or not. And also need to find out about ways of advertising, promoting, marketing etc of this business. What is legal and illegal. For example, can I leave flyers and or business cards around town or must I get permission from the owner before just doing this.

If there are community boards like what supermarkets have do I still need to get permission to put up my flyer or business cards. Can anyone direct me to a site that would have the details of this information if possible.

Is it legal to put out small road signs like the one you see when someone if running for office. Can I use them and removed them by the end of business or what. thanks

Michelle

You Are Guilty

Asone said:
What is the name of your state? New York

Hi

My name is Michelle I live in NYS on Long Island. I am trying to find out the laws having to do with advertising a home based business. What are the laws for using magnetic signs can this be done or not. And also need to find out about ways of advertising, promoting, marketing etc of this business. What is legal and illegal. For example, can I leave flyers and or business cards around town or must I get permission from the owner before just doing this.

If there are community boards like what supermarkets have do I still need to get permission to put up my flyer or business cards. Can anyone direct me to a site that would have the details of this information if possible.

Is it legal to put out small road signs like the one you see when someone if running for office. Can I use them and removed them by the end of business or what. thanks

Michelle
You need to speak to a local attorney. This board isn't able to help you set up and run your business.

Asone

I don't want help running the business, I was under the impression general help with question could be gotten here. Thanks anyway have a great day.

seniorjudge

Asone said:
I don't want help running the business, I was under the impression general help with question could be gotten here. Thanks anyway have a great day.
Where do you want to put the magnetic signs?

Asone

NY

You know both are you are jokes. What the sign will say is not important. All I wanted is someone willing help with some general questions on if it was legal to have a magnetic sign on a car in NYS. If you don't have anything good to say you should not answer. Thanks for the reply any way.

As far as the other question quoted above, I'll take that anyone with any common sense including myself should be able to figure out how to market advertise etc. I want some direction as to where information on the above could be found. Obviously not at freeadvice.com thank you for nothing and have a great day. It does say legal advice for consumers at the top right.

thanks

When you drive around NY do you see a lot of other ppl with signs (magnetic or not) on their vehicles? Now if the answer is yes (and it should be) then do you think that all those people are doing something illegal?

See you could have answered that one yourself.

Asone

Thank you evilwizard your reply does make sense and yes I do see other cars with signs but whether or not it is legal is the ? Next one I see I will ask if they have checked the local community laws or not. Not knowing or ignorance to the law does not make it right so I will just take the time to do my own research for myself thanks to you again. Sure I could use common sense and say this seems right to me when in fact that may not be the case as far as the police are concerned.

What ever happen to 'there are no stupid questions' I see that does not apply here. :D

Have a great day :)

Last edited:
Hehe Asone if you read enough of these forums you will come to a very quick conclusion that the "there are no stupid questions" statement is dead wrong!

Find the thread with the Top dumbest posts and read through those. Its sad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">