• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dont to hurt worse than I already do.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sexymt33

What is the name of your state?Alabama
I was just released from my doctor on a MMI to light duty. I went back to
work only to hurt worse than I already was. I'm already tired of hurting from
my back injury. What do I have to do to keep from making my injury worse
than it already is. I am not physically able to work on that concrete floor at
Mcdonalds.All they care about is the doctor released me and they want me
to work. Will I get fired if I don't go back even if I hurt there? Or is it better
to get fired? Will I get compensated if I quit? Somebody tellme what I can do
legally so I won't hurt myself in the long run. :(

tjr5150

I was just released from my doctor on a MMI to light duty.
^^^^^^^^^^?????
If you were just release from your doctor on a MMI, then he has released you completely.. MMI= maxium medical improvement, which means there is nothing more the doctor can do for you..So you were either released completely or just put on light duty an able to return from work.. Which one is it?
What do I have to do to keep from making my injury worse
Follow your doctors orders, if he put you on light duty you need to adhere to them. If your only to stand a limited to stand/sit a certain amount of time then do it.
I am not physically able to work on that concrete floor
Talk to your doctor on this matter..
Will I get fired if I don't go back even if I hurt there? Or is it better to get fired?
If you were released by the doctor and you decide you hurt to much to work and just quit going in to work, then yes you can be fired..If you tell your doctor that it hurts you to stand,bend,walk to much and he gives you a dr note saying you are unable to work, then no they can't fire you..
It is also never good to be fired from a job unless you don't care about your future..

Will I get compensated if I quit?
Do you honestly think you should be compensated if you quit a job? No

Somebody tellme what I can do
If you are unsure of your options you can always consult with a wc attorney..

Lisabyday

If you do not go back to work yes you can be fired. The doctor has placed you at MMI and given you light duty restrictions. MMI means you are as good as you are going to get. With that being said, McDonald's does not have to provide a position for you within the restrictions given by your doctor. If you are unable to perform your job, yes you may be fired even with a doctor's note.

If working on the concrete floor is making your back hurt worse then you ask your employer for a position that does not require you to work on a concrete floor or seek employment elsewhere. You should seek legal counsel to protect your interests.

Alabama is an at-will employment state. The company can fire you if you are unable to work. If you are unable to work, work comp benefits should kick in; however, since you have already been placed at MMI that may be a moot point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">