• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being fired while claim is still open

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

woodhound

I live in Illinois. On Tuesday I returned to work after being off sick the previous Thursday afternoon, Friday, & Saturday; I was under Dr's care and on prescription medication; my boss fired me stating that he needed someone that was going to be there. I am currently in an active workmans compensation claim. I have carpel-tunnel syndrom, I have had surgery on my right hand and was waiting to have the surgery on the left hand when my employeer could afford to do without me for 2 weeks. Can anyone tell me what rights I have? I really loved my job.

L

LadyBlu

woodhound said:
I live in Illinois. On Tuesday I returned to work after being off sick the previous Thursday afternoon, Friday, & Saturday; I was under Dr's care and on prescription medication; my boss fired me stating that he needed someone that was going to be there. I am currently in an active workmans compensation claim. I have carpel-tunnel syndrom, I have had surgery on my right hand and was waiting to have the surgery on the left hand when my employeer could afford to do without me for 2 weeks. Can anyone tell me what rights I have? I really loved my job.
Was your illness during the period you were off prior to being fired related to the carpal tunnel? If not they can fire you.. but.. that should not affect your treatment under Workers Comp for the Carpal Tunnel surgeries. They will still be responsible for the medical during since this was considered an on the job injury and treatment had already been approved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">