• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help as soon as possible!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eversharp14

What is the name of your state? California
I purchased a vehicle about a year and a half ago, making payments on it. I also had full coverage auto insurance with Bristol West, a division of Coast national Insurance. I moved in June and had my mail fowarded, which meant eveything was arriving late. I went out of town on July 7 thinking my car insurance needed to be postmarked on July 15th. I was involved in car accident on July 9 at around 9:00 p.m. When I arrived home I paid my bill and reported the accident. The lady I talked to said the insurance company had no local adjusters who could come see my car and would have to hire someone outside, and she would get back to me ASAP. The next day, at work, someone showed up from the company themselves and said that the car was totalled and gave me the necessary paperwork. A couple days later I was called and said that my insurance policy had expired on July 9 @ 12:00 a.m., so because my accident happened about 9 hours after that it was not covered by the insurance company. I fought this for weeks with the company and filed a complaint with CA dep. of insurance. they found that the lien holder had not recieved legal notice, as is required by California law. The lien holder is doing nothing! Now I am facing being personally sued by the other people involved in the accident as well as a chargeoff or repocession on my credit. I don't know what to do, I can't find anyone to help me.

eversharp14 said:
What is the name of your state? California
I purchased a vehicle about a year and a half ago, making payments on it. I also had full coverage auto insurance with Bristol West, a division of Coast national Insurance. I moved in June and had my mail fowarded, which meant eveything was arriving late. I went out of town on July 7 thinking my car insurance needed to be postmarked on July 15th. I was involved in car accident on July 9 at around 9:00 p.m. When I arrived home I paid my bill and reported the accident. The lady I talked to said the insurance company had no local adjusters who could come see my car and would have to hire someone outside, and she would get back to me ASAP. The next day, at work, someone showed up from the company themselves and said that the car was totalled and gave me the necessary paperwork. A couple days later I was called and said that my insurance policy had expired on July 9 @ 12:00 a.m., so because my accident happened about 9 hours after that it was not covered by the insurance company. I fought this for weeks with the company and filed a complaint with CA dep. of insurance. they found that the lien holder had not recieved legal notice, as is required by California law. The lien holder is doing nothing! Now I am facing being personally sued by the other people involved in the accident as well as a chargeoff or repocession on my credit. I don't know what to do, I can't find anyone to help me.
What's your question?

eversharp14

I just read a post from another member who posted a question and got similar responses like, What is your question?. My question is what can I do legally about this situation? Do I consult a lawyer? Is there a California Law I am missing?

CdwJava

If the insurance company says your coverage had lapsed, you will need to either prove you were covered through the period of the accident, and/or hire an attorney to fight them and the others.

- Carl

Shay-Pari'e

eversharp14 said:
I just read a post from another member who posted a question and got similar responses like, What is your question?. My question is what can I do legally about this situation? Do I consult a lawyer? Is there a California Law I am missing?
I guess the other poster did not ask a question either. If your insurance lapsed, then you are out of luck.

Hugs to Carl, hope the family is doing good.

Last edited:

CdwJava

--PARIDISE[I said:
Hugs to Carl, hope the family is doing good.[/I]
Of course. :)

Ditto back to yours.

The rains are setting in so sports are about done ... and with the pending sugar high (from Halloween) I'm glad I will be out of town next week! :D

- Carl

Shay-Pari'e

CdwJava said:
Of course. :)

Ditto back to yours.

The rains are setting in so sports are about done ... and with the pending sugar high (from Halloween) I'm glad I will be out of town next week! :D

- Carl
I hear you, now with the time zone change soon, It just won't be our sunny Cali for a few months.

But we have FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!! ;)

JETX

BelizeBreeze said:
And, let's not FORGET the Texans :D
Which ones... the ones in Houston (currently 0-6) or the one in Tennessee (currently 2-5)?? Neither one of them much to brag about!!

Actually, I am a Cowboy fan, thick and thin. Currently 4-3 in the TOUGHEST NFL division. :D

JETX

And I am a Mt. Diablo Devils fan.... and our record is better than the Rams OR the Raiders!!!

You Are Guilty

JETX said:
Which ones... the ones in Houston (currently 0-6) or the one in Tennessee (currently 2-5)?? Neither one of them much to brag about!!

Actually, I am a Cowboy fan, thick and thin. Currently 4-3 in the TOUGHEST NFL division. :D
4-3 and still in last place :p

Go Giants! :cool:

JETX

You Are Guilty said:
4-3 and still in last place :p
Only because they are the ONLY team in their division who has played 7 games! :D
All the others have only played 6.... and are 4-2.

CdwJava

I've stuck with the Raiders and the 49ers through thick and thin ... I recall the dismal days of the 9ers when I would go to the old Candlestick park in the frigid cold in the 60's with my dad, and the ups and downs of the Bad Boys of the East Bay.

Teams are cyclical ... we'll come back!

Maybe next year ...??

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">