• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Car Damaged By Tree Falling in WI Sate Park Camping Site

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anca_neciu

What is the name of your state?WISCONSIN

While camping on an official camp site in Kettle Moraine State Park, WI, a tree fell on my car, causing damages of at least $5,000 (initial estimates). The car was legally parked on the site's driveway, for a fee. There was no wind/rain/storm. The police officer that came to the site determined the tree had a large decay in its trunk. I have the police report and photoes. However, the state park does not admit negligence from their part in removing the hazard trees, therefore they refuse to reimburse for the damages. I did not have full insurance for my car, only liability. Please let me know if I have legal basis to sue them. Thank you.

racer72

Your chances of winning a lawsuit against the state is slim and none. How do you propose to prove the park was negligent? If you couldn't see the tree was a danger, how could the park officers? And I would bet the park has a disclaimer somewhere relieving them of any liability in situations such as yours. Photoes? Did you attend the Dan Quayle School of Phonetic Spelling?

janedoe23

racer72 said:
Photoes? Did you attend the Dan Quayle School of Phonetic Spelling?

Requrests? Michingan? Did you attend the Dan Quayle School of Phonetic Spelling?

I love the people who always point out other's spelling mistakes. Don't you? :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">