• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appointment of Statutory Agent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

froppo

What is the name of your state? CT

Hi...I'm starting up a very low key, low profit business, but I'm wanting to set everything up right and legal. I'm setting the business up as an LLC.

On the application, (Articles of Organization) it asks for the "Appointment of Statutory Agent for Service of Process". I'm wondering if anyone can give me a good explanation of what this means.

I know that I can appoint myself as the agent, but I just want to get a better idea of what this exactly is so I can make a better judgment as to whether I should use myself or someone else.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

-Froppo

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

froppo said:
What is the name of your state? CT

Hi...I'm starting up a very low key, low profit business, but I'm wanting to set everything up right and legal. I'm setting the business up as an LLC.

On the application, (Articles of Organization) it asks for the "Appointment of Statutory Agent for Service of Process". I'm wondering if anyone can give me a good explanation of what this means.

I know that I can appoint myself as the agent, but I just want to get a better idea of what this exactly is so I can make a better judgment as to whether I should use myself or someone else.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

-Froppo

My response:

There's nothing better in this life than purposefully setting up a "low profit business." You start poor, and end up poor. At least, in that sense, you could be very successful!

Since your business isn't meant to make much money, you may as well appoint yourself as the agent for service of process.

IAAL

HomeGuru

a low key low profit business is selling ice to Eskimos online or perhaps some swamp land in Florida on ebay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">