• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LTD and job reduction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ega1213

What is the name of your state? MA

I recently was informed that my job is being cut and I am presently out on LTD. My case has been approved by the insurance company and I receive a monthly benefit provided until age 65. My understanding was that I had 6 months to return to the job if possible and I could receive a job of comparable status. That date is 11/9 and my term date is 11/11. Since I am on LTD, will my job status with the company affect my LTD benefit? Why didn't they just leave me as "on leave" status? Also, my condition will not allow me to return to the company and it is my understanding that as a disabled person I can continue on COBRA if necessary for 29 months instead of the customary 18 months?

ega1213

LTD and job reduction

I posted in this forum and Employment forum because I thought that it touched on both areas. I did get responses in the Employment forum. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">