• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EDD - Can I lose My Benefits.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

UNPaidINLA

What is the name of your state?
California

My employer claimed me as an IC and I applied for unemployment benefits, it took them over two months to finally get a decision.

During this time, I searched for jobs in the beginning but not so much towards the end, as I was involved in a car accident and I now have no transporatation at all so its hard for me.

My problem is, I didnt keep records of anything becuase the jobs turned me down, theres no way for me to retrieve the information.. I finally got awarded my Unemployment Insurance and they sent me about 6 back claim forms..

I marked that I did not look for any jobs because really I didnt know I had to + the fact that I had no transportation and no way to get to work.. My bank account is completely tapped out and I have no money for even buss fares, I had to borrow 200$ because my bank account went overdraft ETC.. Its been a hectic time in my life, I went from making 65K a year to getting in a car accident and my entire life tapped out.. I have had to cover everything on my own for the past 5 months so .. this is really coming down to the wire.

I am really worried now because the Unemployment Department scheduled another phone interview and i am 100% sure that it is because I makred I had not been looking for work..

I do not want to lie to them, but I dont know what to do..

Does the fact that it was in "investigation" matter, should I have still been looking for work to be eiligible, they never informed me of this. Its kinda messed up that after the fact I can be disqualified because they never told me of the qualifications.

Should I tell them that I was looking for work when I could but I kept no records because it was so long ago?

Im really lost at what I should do and if something bad happens I am goign to be out on the street.. I need some advice / help please.

U

UNPaidINLA

do you know what they would disqualify on the spot for :

I just want to have some broad idea of what NOT to do.. I really cant afford a mistake..

I realize you wouldnt want me to take your advice and then something bad happen, but i'd rather see what somebody thinks so its just not myself

U

UNPaidINLA

they are calling between now and 10:00AM if anyone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated.. I am verry worried at this point

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">