• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stay in house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marykay

Stay in house??

Married 6yrs live in Illinois, now separated (not legally) own a house together. Still living in same house together for financial reasons. Husband has agreed that once he moves out he will continue to pay half the mortgage & own half the house, but that I may stay indefinatly. Not sure when actual divorce will be filed, in the mean time if I get a notarized statement to hold him to this would it be legal & would it hold up thru the divorce?

LegalBeagle

Re: Stay in house??

marykay said:
Married 6yrs live in Illinois, now separated (not legally) own a house together. Still living in same house together for financial reasons. Husband has agreed that once he moves out he will continue to pay half the mortgage & own half the house, but that I may stay indefinatly. Not sure when actual divorce will be filed, in the mean time if I get a notarized statement to hold him to this would it be legal & would it hold up thru the divorce?
No, you need to file for a proper legal seperation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">