• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for lack of responsibility. It wasnt my falt. What Should I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

keithroane

Fort Worth Texas
TWC, how to request records?

I was fired for lack of responsibility and they are accusing me of steeling. I have been working there for 2 years, it’s a family owned restaurant and since I started working there I have never received any write-ups. Last night there was 150 bucks missing? We were sort handed and so I had to run the cash register and the delivery car too. This morning they found the money some where in the delivery car. I went into work today at 10pm and they said I was fired. I had no idea there was even 150 bucks in there because no one had told me about it. I was the last one to drive the car but there was a few ppl to drive the car that morning before I came in. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I can get another job easily but what do I do about the money I’m losing now and from the time I get my other job?

Should I write a little to my old work asking why they fired me and make them put it in writing and also ask for my job back,

Or should I first file with the Texas workforce commission?

pattytx

What records do you want?

It is not illegal for an employer to fire you under these circumstances, even if their suspicion is wrong. I see no benefit to contacting the employer at this point. Just go ahead and file for UI and see what happens.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
They have no legal obligation to provide you with a written reason for termination. You have no legal recourse that I can see. Your termination was legal, even if it was unfair.

File for UI and look for another job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">