• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!! Wedding problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beachgirl27

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? South carolina

Here is my story:

I was married last year dec 4th 2004, in July of 2004 I entered into a contract with a local business owner/photography studio to provide services and pictures. I paid $2500 by check for a picture package which guaranteed me a certain amount of albums etc. I recieved only my portrait and proof book before the studio suddenly went out of business. the owners never contacted me although they had 4 telephone numbers to reach me with. I tracked down the owners who promised me that they would fill the order. i have been basically roped along for the last 3 months waiting on the pictures that never seem to be ready when they say they are going to be. i am a honest person who is obviously being lied to taken advantage of. at this point i would love to have my money back and my negatives with a signed released to have the pictures printed elsewhere. This is not going to happen, at least the money part. i know where these people live and work now. what kind of legal action can i take? And if i am awarded anything is it likely that I will collect. I desperatly want my wedding memories. this women has stolen not only money from me, but something money cant replace. I am heart broken over this. I appreciate any help or advice you can give.

JETX

beachgirl27 said:
what kind of legal action can i take?
That depends largely on the form of business that they had. Was it a corporation?? If so, you would have to pursue the assets of the now-dissolved corporation. Likely NOT good news.
However, if they were operating as a sole proprietorship... then you can go after him/them PERSONALLY.

As for 'what kind of legal action'.... the obvious answer is lawsuit.
Your state small claims limit is $7500, so you should start there.

And if i am awarded anything is it likely that I will collect.
Too many variables. See above.

I desperatly want my wedding memories.
Problem is... courts can restore 'memories'. They can only award damages. Hopefully, you will win in court and they will agree to provide the 'memories' in lieu of payment.

Good luck... these are NEVER happy ones.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">