• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

landlord/tenant problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alisha37355

What is the name of your state? tennessee
My ex-landlord took one third of my belongings to the dump! I had a 30 day notice that we both agreed on and 15 days into it she went to my house, loaded up my stuff and threw it away! she said she "assumed" I was finished. Do I have a good enough case against her?

seniorjudge

alisha37355 said:
What is the name of your state? tennessee
My ex-landlord took one third of my belongings to the dump! I had a 30 day notice that we both agreed on and 15 days into it she went to my house, loaded up my stuff and threw it away! she said she "assumed" I was finished. Do I have a good enough case against her?
File against her in small claims for the dollar amount you were damaged (that is, the dollar amount of the stuff she threw in the dump).

JETX

clarification... the VALUE is that of the property at the time and condition it was disposed..... not new retail or replacement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">