• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fear impending termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stmpc

What is the name of your state? VA / NC

Hi, I'm not sure what we should be doing, but I definitely feel impending doom on the horizon. We live in NC, but my wife works in VA as a school teacher. She is not part of the public school system, but her classroom resides in a public school (kindergarten through 2nd or 3rd grade or so). She is a very opinionated person, and fights tooth and nail for her kids. She is definitely a thorn in a lot of people’s sides. I don't know if that is related, but it definitely is affecting the direction that this situation is going.

A few days ago, my wife had a meeting with the parents of one of her students. The parents had a couple concerns and questions in regard to their Childs education. My wife addressed the concerns, and everything was seemingly fine. The concerns of the parents were simply the content of teaching and the availability of my wife for meetings. (which she does not allow during instruction hours)

Anyway, the very next day there was a closed door meeting between the parents, the principal of the school and my wife's superior, 3 levels up. The meeting excluded my wife, her immediate superior, her superior and included the next in line. This person's function does not include dealing with parents typically.

The child has not been to school since the meeting between the parents and my wife, and rumor has it that he is being transferred.

The closed door meeting occurred on Friday afternoon. My wife has called her superiors, including the 3rd that attended the meeting, and they all have the same reply for her: “We cannot discuss this with you at this time”. Today, her immediate superior spent her day in my wife’s classroom taking notes, and will be in her classroom indefinitely (until further notice).

Another clue includes the principal walking out of the meeting telling the secretary “let’s just hope we’re not on the news this weekend”.

So, it’s looking pretty scary. I can’t help but feel like if the accusations were as severe as abuse, she would have been put on administrative leave or something. But we are very worried, but don’t know which way to turn. Note that there has never been any kind of abuse, or anything that could be construed as such occur in her classroom, and her interest is and has been nothing but the wellbeing of her students. There is neither a union, nor any type of contact provided by her employer to discuss the issue.

It really is atrocious to me. I see her efforts daily. And the crap that she has to deal with from her employer and to get anything negative in return is appalling, especially from the kids parents of whom she has done so much.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I don't know what kind of advice you think you can get until you know what's going on. I'm not diminishing your concern but it's next to impossible for anyone here to tell you what to do or what steps to take, until we know considerably more about your wife's employer's concerns than we do now.

All you can do is wait until you know what the story is. Then, if you think you could use some advice, we'll be more able to help you. Sorry, but there really isn't anything I can tell you at this point.

stmpc

That's kindof what we've been trying to do. It's hard when we see something coming, but don't know what it is.

Thank you, and I'll repost when details become available.

~S

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">