• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto accident without Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nana123

What is the name of your state? Atlanta GA

I was driving a friend's car unaware that she did not have auto insurance, I was trying to make a left turn, I was already outside the intersection when the light turned red so I turned and collided with another car that was coming straight.

The cop gave me a ticket for no proof of insurance and failure to yield. When I went to court, the other person involved in the accident showed up and told the judge that she wants a hearing even though she has uninsured motorist protection on her insurance, I spoke with her insurance company and they are reimbursing her for her car damages and her medical expenses. I have a very clean driving record and I've never been in this kind of situation before , I just moved to GA last year in hopes for greener pastures and never expected this. What should i do , I have to be beack in court in a few months, please advise...I do have my own vehicle that is fully insured. Please Help.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Nana123 said:
What is the name of your state? Atlanta GA

I was driving a friend's car unaware that she did not have auto insurance, I was trying to make a left turn, I was already outside the intersection when the light turned red so I turned and collided with another car that was coming straight.

The cop gave me a ticket for no proof of insurance and failure to yield. When I went to court, the other person involved in the accident showed up and told the judge that she wants a hearing even though she has uninsured motorist protection on her insurance, I spoke with her insurance company and they are reimbursing her for her car damages and her medical expenses

My response:

Congratulations on writing a post that goes nowhere.

IAAL

S

shell007

If you had your own car with insurance, why were you driving hers? I think she is correct. Her insurance should not have to pay for somone elses carelessness. Everyone is responsible for their own actions.

Nana123

If you don't understand the post , please ask before responding, I am not filing a claim on her insurance, I would more than be reimbursing the insurance company for their pay outs to her. Please lawyers only need to respond or someone that can offer some advise or insights . Thank you.

Last edited:
S

shell007

Sorry....i thought i was responding to a thread. I did not see anything about "lawyers only". Next time, post on "Post your case to an Attorney" section of this web page.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">