• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what can i do about this!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amadpitman

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania
Can i sue the hospital for reporting false information to children and youth services that our son tested positive for drugs when a drug screen was never conducted? Thus causing my husband to lose his job because he had to supervise me with our children until investigation was complete, Also we recieved a letter from CYS stating they recieved a report that the baby tested positive, we also recieved confirmation from hospital records department that no drug screen was done. How can i test negative but a baby test positive especially without a test?

rmet4nzkx

Posting the same question 8 more times won't change the answer.
Duplicate thread see answer
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=286806
rmet4nzkx said:
Medical providers including but not limited to hospitals are mandated reorters, they are required to report when they suspect various forms of abuse, their clinical observations which are not limited to lab tests. Depending on the state, the mandated reporter, has some immunity from prosecution if the report is made in good faith. In order for OP to have any cause of action they must meet an additional burden. There is nothing in OP's post to indicate any fault on the part of the mandated reporter. Just because CYS may have cleared the party due to the lack of a lab report, doesn't mean there were not valid reasons to make the report they were just lucky to get off on a technicality. OP should take it as a wakeup call and take care of what ever is the basis of this event.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">