• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

have brought suit against her

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bassboy57

What is the name of your state? N.Y.
I have had an on again/off again relationship with this woman lasting for 4 years.
On September 5th, I received emails from her ending this relationship.
She has sent emails stating that "my property" is there to retrieve and for me to come and get it.
I have tried through a series of phone calls, and through mail asking her to call me so we can make arrangements to retrieve my property located at her residence. all to no avail.
I have hand delivered a letter to her as well.
She has gone to great lengths to avoid me including changing phone number. She has even had me arrested for harrasment! It has left me no choice but to file this action against her.
What she wants to give me is no where near what I own at her residense. I built a computer that she claims I gave her as a christmas gift. She claims she has emails proving this. All I know is that I have dated receipts for parts which I bought and paid for to build this computer. At no time did I ever give it to her as a gift or otherwise, much less send emails stating that I had. I also have witnesses/ receipts for furniture at her home. I really do not want the money (est. worth $2200) I just want my property so i can move on.
what is good proof and I suspect she could/would fabricate emails stating my giving her the computer so she can maintain her webpage work.
All I know is what I own and can prove as much, but she is trying to make it look otherwise. any insight so i can adequately prepare my case would help!

seniorjudge

Go into court and document as much as you can.

Don't be surprised if the judge finds that all the stuff was a gift to her.

bassboy57

Why would a judge find it was a gift just because she says so? I had resided there and the only reason that property remained was because we were reconciling.
I have receipts for all the parts used to build the computer as I own a small computer business and that was what that computer was being used for. I have receipts as well as witnesses to my owning the other property that is there.
there were and are no written agreements implying anything different.
She is doing this because she does web page work and that computer is by far more usable than the one it replaced.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">