• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bond Holder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilak59

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?New Jersey

I belong to a Private Swim Club. We are a not-to-profit club. We are all bond holders. There are about 100 families that belong. There is a Board of Governers that we elect. They sit on the board for three years and can be re-elected. Recently I asked the board for a copy of the names and addresses of all the members. They told me, " under the advice of the club's attorney that they should'nt give them out because of privacy laws." We never signed any privacy terms. Am I legally allowed to have this list?

seniorjudge

lilak59 said:
What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?New Jersey

I belong to a Private Swim Club. We are a not-to-profit club. We are all bond holders. There are about 100 families that belong. There is a Board of Governers that we elect. They sit on the board for three years and can be re-elected. Recently I asked the board for a copy of the names and addresses of all the members. They told me, " under the advice of the club's attorney that they should'nt give them out because of privacy laws." We never signed any privacy terms. Am I legally allowed to have this list?
Q: Am I legally allowed to have this list?

A: Two suggestions on how to find the answer: sue them and run for the board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">