• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hurt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mpac165

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I am on social security disability. About 8 months ago, I worked under the table one day a week for a truck washer. While opening the door on a trailer owned by a food company, the spring loaded door swung and hit me in the face.

I now have several abcessed teeth, fillings falling out, and, my face plate hurts as well as I am starting to experience headaches every day.

Do I have any options?

tjr5150

I am on social security disability. About 8 months ago, I worked under the table one day a week for a truck washer. While opening the door on a trailer owned by a food company, the spring loaded door swung and hit me in the face.

I now have several abcessed teeth, fillings falling out, and, my face plate hurts as well as I am starting to experience headaches every day.

Do I have any options?
Sorry to hear your bad news.
If you worked under the table then there is no proof you ever worked there in the first place.. Abcessed teeth are caused by poor hygeine not a hit to the face.. Filling will fall out over time, ask a dentist.. In my opinion you don't have nothing to stand on to hold your former employer..

tjr5150

Abcessed teeth are also caused by head trauma.
This is not worth my time to argue with.
Abcessed teeth can cause migraines and the current headaches you are having.. I did my research on this before I commented on your issue..

mpac165

Thank you

I thank you for responding.

I, too, consulted with my doctor, who made the diagnosis of abcessed teeth due to head trauma.

I won't argue the point of whether the headaches are caused by same; At the time I saw my doctor I was not experiencing headaches.

Anyway, thanks again.

tjr5150

When you got hurt did your employer offer to pay anything? since you were paid under the table.. You also might consult with an attorney.

ellencee

mpac165 said:

Do I have any options?
Jan, Jean, Deb, and the two boys must be replying to this one.

Consult with an attorney. You did not earn enough to interfere with SSDI and if you only worked one day a week, you did not work enough hours to interfere with SSDI. It is the IRS who will want its share.

Other than seeing an attorney, follow-up with a physician ASAP and with a dentist ASAP. From your description of your symptoms, I am afraid you have injuries that would not have been immediately apparent and dental abscesses can lead to serious infections.

(Facial trauma most certainly can 'kill' teeth and dead things usually rot, thus it is not unreasonable to expect a facial injury to result in dental abscesses and/or lost fillings.)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">