• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Accusation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

prestonma

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I was accused of hitting another vehicle in a parking lot at the (State) facility where I work. I didn't do it and there is no damage to my vehicle despite very significant damage to the other vehicle. The campus police investigated this accident and found an eye witness who saw a vehicle like mine there at the time (and I was there). On the basis of this witness seeing a similar vehicle and a black scuff mark on my bumper (this is an off-road vehicke which is covered with such marks) they are saying I hit the other vehicle. What recourse do I have?

seniorjudge

prestonma said:

I was accused of hitting another vehicle in a parking lot at the (State) facility where I work. I didn't do it and there is no damage to my vehicle despite very significant damage to the other vehicle. The campus police investigated this accident and found an eye witness who saw a vehicle like mine there at the time (and I was there). On the basis of this witness seeing a similar vehicle and a black scuff mark on my bumper (this is an off-road vehicke which is covered with such marks) they are saying I hit the other vehicle. What recourse do I have?
Who is accusing you?

prestonma

The campus police. They have put a lot of pressure on me to admit I did it including threatening criminal charges for leaving the scene.

prestonma said:

Tell your insurance agent or company your side of the story. Let them know you didn't cause the damage, and let them sort it out.

S

shell007

What time of day did this happen? Maybe you can be accountable for your time to prove that you weren't driving your vehicle at that particular moment. Like.....maybe you were in a meeting or something when this supposedly happened. That should prove that you weren't at the scene.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">