• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Evidence admissiblity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

researcstudent

What is the name of your state?Minnesota

The officer was on patroll in a high crime rate neighborhood known for regular drug trafficking. He observed two men loading packages in to a vehicle. As the men saw the officer they ran away and escaped. The car then pulled away from the curb. No traffic or other violations were observed. The officer stopped the vehicle and ordered the driver to open the trunk. In the trunk were packages and upon opening them he found drugs.

Is the evidence admissible? Why or why not? :confused:

seniorjudge

researcstudent said:

The officer was on patroll in a high crime rate neighborhood known for regular drug trafficking. He observed two men loading packages in to a vehicle. As the men saw the officer they ran away and escaped. The car then pulled away from the curb. No traffic or other violations were observed. The officer stopped the vehicle and ordered the driver to open the trunk. In the trunk were packages and upon opening them he found drugs.

Good luck with your homework...we won't do it for you.

Sabor

heh

you guys need to get your stuff together. First off make it look like your loading a big screen tv or matress, i mean common, what were you guys smoking to load packages in front a officer, and worst run away to give him a reason to search the vehicle upon suspition of drugs, an illegal act. Jeeez. And in a high drug trafficing area, can you get anymore risky. HAH. The only chance you have is if it was in CA and u were pulled over in a admitted speed trap and cited for speeding. Now what you need to tell your now imprisioned friends is to make their way to a FINE attorney, that will argue every possible angle and who is exuberant in the laws of your state, or get sentance reduced. besides drug trafficors make plenty of money now dont they? they can afford it, thats the benfit of doing business the wrong way. good LUCK.

CdwJava

researcstudent said:

This test question is a very famous USSC case!

Your task now is to provide us with the name of that case, and explain the decision the court came to - and why.

Good luck.

- Carl

CdwJava

Sabor said:
Might have helped if I read his posting name :)
Don't feel bad - I miss that a lot myself. But I recognized the content of the story and recognized it for what it was.

That's also why Seniorjudge posted his reply the way he did ... it's a pretty famous case.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">