• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speed trap ticket in MI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

19370n8

What is the name of your state? MI

I was pulled over and got a ticket from a speed trap. When going in front of the magistrate, do both cops have to be there? The one writing the ticket and the one who shot the radar? The radar shooting cop was above the freeway on an overpass and the ticket writing cop was on a motorcycle. :confused:

seniorjudge

19370n8 said:
What is the name of your state? MI

I was pulled over and got a ticket from a speed trap. When going in front of the magistrate, do both cops have to be there? The one writing the ticket and the one who shot the radar? The radar shooting cop was above the freeway on an overpass and the ticket writing cop was on a motorcycle. :confused:
If you plead not guilty and ask for a trial, then you can subpoena both of them to be there.

19370n8

speed trap in MI

I have a hearing set for Fri with the magistrate. I was wondering if the case would be dismissed if both cops dont show up.

seniorjudge

19370n8 said:
I have a hearing set for Fri with the magistrate. I was wondering if the case would be dismissed if both cops dont show up.
Yes, it will be dismissed if you have subpoenaed them and they do not show up. Or, it may be continued until they can make it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">