• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Separation...wife buying house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mkb143

Both live in Louisville, KY.
Legal separation for over a year.
Both on very good/friendly terms.
Wife buying house in her name only.
I'm to sign some papers on 11/27. Lawyers didn't send through mail and I am to sign them sight unseen.
What can I expect to be signing?
Will I be accountable for any monetary obligations?
I'm glad for her...no anamosity.
Thanks for any comments.

L

LadyBlu

mkb143 said:
Both live in Louisville, KY.
Legal separation for over a year.
Both on very good/friendly terms.
Wife buying house in her name only.
I'm to sign some papers on 11/27. Lawyers didn't send through mail and I am to sign them sight unseen.
What can I expect to be signing?
Will I be accountable for any monetary obligations?
I'm glad for her...no anamosity.
Thanks for any comments.
As with any legal and binding contracts you should always read them thoroughly and if anything is questionable do not sign them until you consult an attorney.

Most likely the paperwork you will be signing is just a statement that you have no interest in the house that you are legally seperated and understand that this will be her Sole Property not considered marital assets.

If I am wrong would someone please correct me?

G

Grandma B

Just trying to figure out how you can sign something you can't see. The lawyers might not have sent them to you, but they will have to be available to read at the time you are signing; otherwise you wouldn't be able to sign them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">